Dress up these classic perogies with a creamy, white wine & mushroom sauce, it's a Newfound Perogi meal that is sure to impress! Don't forget to pair with your favourite white wine - try keeping it local!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min.
Ready In: 15 min.
• Pork & Beef or Chicken Perogies – 450 g
• Olive oil – 1 tbsp
• White mushrooms, sliced – 300 g
• Garlic, minced – 2 cloves
• White wine – 1/2 cup
• Chicken broth – 1/2 cup
• Flour – 1 tbsp
• Freshly chopped parsley – 1 tbsp
• Salt and pepper to taste
- Add perogies into boiling water and boil 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and place in a bowl.
- In a skillet, heat up the olive oil, add garlic and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes (until the mushrooms release their water)
- Add white wine and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Wisk in flour and cook for a minute.
- Add chicken broth stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Add in the parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss in perogies.